All affiliates are managed in the Affiliates > Manage Affiliates section. Whether they have been added manually or signed up through the affiliate registration form, their profiles are handled here. In this section, you can add, edit and remove affiliates manually.
Every affiliate has a set of characteristics that are necessary to handle her or his affiliate links and to credit them with referrals. You will see these in the affiliate listing and when adding or editing an affiliate:
• ID : Every affiliate is assigned a unique, automatically generated identifier.
• Affiliate : The name of an affiliate which usually is the first and last name or a company name.
• Email : The affiliate’s email address. If the affiliate is associated to a user account, this email can be different from the one that is related to the user account. They usually are the same and the system will place a warning sign besides the email address in the listing if they are not.
• Username : An affiliate can be associated to a user account. If they are, the username will be displayed. Affiliates who sign up via the affiliate registration form will be associated with the newly generated user account automatically.
• From : This reflects the date from which an affiliate has joined the affiliate program.
• Until : This date determines the validity of an affiliate. It is either undetermined, which implies that the affiliate is an activate member of the affiliate program, or it is set to a date beyond the From date. No referrals will be credited to an affiliate beyond the Until date.
• Links : Your affiliates use links to drive visitors to your site. The form of these links is predetermined and based on the affiliate’s ID. Affiliates must be provided with their affiliate link or valid variations which they will use on their site, in emails or tweets, etc. to promote your site and get credited for referrals resulting from visitors’ transactions
If you enabled the option for Direct referrals, note that the first affiliate listed is “Direct”.
Searching and Filters
Use filters in Affiliates > Manage Affiliates to narrow your affiliate listing down to desired results.
To use filters, set the appropriate options under Filters and click Apply. The filter settings are persistent across sessions, so next time you access the affiliate management section, you will see the same filter settings and results. If you would like to reset your settings to show all results, click Clear.
Note that filters are applied on a per-user basis, different users use their own independent settings.
These filters are available:
•Affiliate Id : Use this to search for an affiliate by ID. Only the affiliate that matches the given ID will be shown.
•Affiliate Name : Use this filter to search for an affiliate by name. All affiliates that partially match the name will be included in the result set.
•Affiliate Username : This is used to search for affiliates by their username. Partial matches will be included in the result set.
•From / Until : Restricts the results to those who are valid within the given dates. One or both options can be used.
•Include inoperative affiliates : Includes affiliates who are not currently valid, meaning their Until date is before the current date.
•Include removed affiliates : Will include affiliates who have been removed from the affiliate program.
Hit the Filters button to hide or show the Filters section.
Adding a new affiliate
To manually add a new affiliate go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates and click New Affiliate.
Fill out at least the Name of the new affiliate, you can leave the rest empty or provide the Username if the affiliate already has a user account. You can also add a user account later if desired. If you provide a Username the email associated to the user account will be used as the affiliate’s email.
The From date will be set to the current date automatically, leave it empty unless you would like to enable the affiliate at a certain date.
Click Save to create the new affiliate.
Editing an affiliate
To edit an existing affiliate go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates and click the Edit icon, here you can modify the email address, the user name or the validation dates.
The same basic options apply as when a new affiliate is added.
The option “Edit username” allows you access to edit the user information.
To remove an affiliate go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates and click the Remove icon for the desired affiliate. Confirm your decision by clicking Remove.
Note that if you simply want to invalidate an affiliate so that the affiliate will not be credited with referrals anymore, you can set the appropriate Until date by editing the affiliate. This will retain information displayed for that affiliate and the affiliate will still appear in the affiliate listing when the Include inoperative affiliates filter option is checked.