Tier referrals are created when an affiliate – the original referrer – is credited with a referral. You can set level rates to run your multi-tier affiliate program.
1) Go to Affiliates > Tiers
2) Enable multi-tiered referrals to grant referrals to affiliates in Levels 1 and above.
Levels represent the degree of relationship between affiliates. The affiliate who referred the original referrer is credited with a referral at the rate indicated for Level 1. Level 2 affiliates have referred affiliates in Level 1 etc.
3) Set the referral rates for tier levels 1 to 10 using decimal numbers.
A rate of 0.00 results in no referral credited for affiliates in that level. The maximum rate is 1.00 where the full amount is credited as commission.
How tier levels work:
- Affiliate B has referred affiliate A.
- When affiliate A is credited with a referral, so is affiliate B at the commission rate set for Level 1.
- If affiliate B was referred by affiliate C and a rate is set for Level 2, affiliate C will also be credited with a referral at the rate for that level.
- Assuming 30% for normal referrals and these rates for Level 1: 20%, Level 2: 5%, for an order of 100$, affiliate A gets a 30$ referral, affiliate B is credited with $20 and affiliate C gets $5.
Direct is a referrer
Enable this option if you want to use the Direct affiliate (id #1) to record those new affiliates who join when no other affiliates have referred them.
Enable this option to set the level rates relative to the amount credited to the original referrer, instead of the order amount.
Example: Assuming 30% for normal referrals and 20% for Level 1, for an order of 100$, affiliate A gets a 30$ referral, affiliate B gets 6$ (20% of 30$).