In the Affiliates system, you may define attributes that determine certain advanced characteristics of an affiliate. Please note that the registration fields are different from attributes.
To add an attribute:
- Go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates.
- Click the affiliate or its Edit link.
- Click New Attribute.
Now you can define a new attribute for the affiliate from a selection of available attributes*:
- Paypal Email : Used to set a PayPal email address for the affiliate different from the one used for the affiliate’s user account.
- Coupons : This is used to indicate one or more coupons related to the affiliate. Transactions for which the coupon codes are used are credited with referrals for the corresponding affiliate.
- Cookie Expiration : This allows to specify a cookie expiration different from the referral timeout for individual affiliates
To edit an attribute, go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates and click the entry of the desired affiliate. Under Affiliate Attributes click the Edit icon to update the attribute’s Value.
To remove an attribute go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates, click the entry for the desired affiliate and under Affiliate Attributes click the Remove icon for the attribute to remove. Confirm your decision by clicking Remove.
* The following attributes were deprecated from version 3.0.0.
- Referral Amount : Determine an individual commission per affiliate.
- Referral Amount Method : To use a specific method (the related value must be the name of a
- Referral Rate : To determine an individual commission rate per affiliate, for example 0.25 for 25% commissions.
From version 3.0.0 of the Affiliates system, these are handled through Rates.